My latest cake was one of the simplest design concepts I've tackled so far...or so I thought. It ended up being one of the most difficult cakes I've made so far. Probably had something to do with the double-decker design. I was going to attempt to cover the entire thing with fondant, but after reading lots of reviews on the recipe I had found, and hearing "takes practice" over and over again, I decided not to risk it. This was my brother-in-law's 35th birthday, after all! I wasn't thrilled with the end product, but my husband mistook the cake for an actual package on the table, so I figured that's a decent start.